VHF & HF Marine Radio Licence Training Course
If you have a VHF radio on board your boat a VHF Licence is a legal requirement. You can choose one of two radio licenses available.
1) SROCP (Short Range Operators Certificate of Proficiency – VHF only)
A SROCP Marine Radio License is a requirement for a VHF radio and is legally required if you have a VHF radio on your boat.
2) LROCP (Long Range Operators Certificate of Proficiency VHF & HF)
A LROCP Marine Radio Licence includes the VHF & HF radios and is a requirement for a Coxswain and other Commercial Boat Masters & Skippers – it costs exactly the same as the SROCP (VHF) Licence, it is a bit more to study, and the exam has more questions than the SROCP VHF.
The SROCP Marine Radio Licence
Most people take 10 – 20 minutes to do the multiple choice (closed book) Marine Radio (VHF) exam with us. No need to sit in a classroom for days or evenings, simply study the AMC VHF Marine Radio handbook online (only about 30 pages) or via download (below), study in your own time, do the practice online quizzes, then come to us and do the easy multiple choice exam.
The LROCP Marine Radio Licence Course
The LROCP Marine Radio Licence encompasses both the VHF & HF radios and is a requirement for Coxswain and other Commercial Vessel Masters & Skippers.
Most people take 15 – 30 minutes to do the multiple choice (closed book) Marine Radio (VHF & HF) exam with us. We provide a classroom for days or evenings, we simply study the AMC Marine Radio handbook, online or via easy download (below), study in your own time, at your own pace and do the practice online quizzes, then come to us and do the easy multiple choice exam – it’s that simple.
- Our Boat School Trainer & Examiner (Invidulator) time
- We include in our fee, paperwork, processing and handling fees
- We have to pay and forward to AMC Tasmania to mark the test (they can only perform this task)
- You are issued with a Licence upon successful completion